Frequently Asked Questions About Our Vacation Rentals
If your cottage has a permanent mooring for you to attach your boat to, it will be mentioned in the listing. Docks are for loading and unloading passengers only. Because severe storms and winds can happen unexpectedly, we do not recommend leaving boats on moorings if poor weather is in the forecast.
Is there Air Conditioning, cable, or WiFi?
Unless otherwise stated in the property's listing, our properties DO NOT have air conditioning, cable television, or high-speed or wireless internet.
Many of our properties are pet friendly! There is a $100 non-refundable per pet fee to bring your pet to a pet friendly property. This price is not quoted in an online reservation, and will be added by our Reservationist when your reservation is confirmed. If a pet is found to be in your property without our consent, you will be asked to vacate the premises immediately with no refund. If additional cleaning of furniture, carpets, etc. is required, you will be charged for this as well. This policy covers the exterior of the property, as well, not just inside.
We offer three types of pet/allergen properties for vacation rental use:
- Pet Friendly (anyone can bring a pet by paying a pet fee and TRUE Service Animals do not pay a pet fee),
- No Pets (guests may not bring pets to the owner’s property, but the owners might, however TRUE Service Animals may or may not be allowed, when they are they do not pay a pet fee), and
- Pet Free (the property is guaranteed to be free any pet allergens for all guests and the owner, animals are never allowed, Service Animals are not permitted per the law).
If you're ready to make your reservation, please feel free to make your reservation online. Or, give our Reservationist a call. Once your reservation is made you will receive a Confirmation email that contains your reserved dates, invoice, and contact information. While we do our best to make sure that our emails are received, it is YOUR responsibility to notify us if you are not receiving them.
Where is your office located?
All cancellations will be charged a service fee of 25%, or a minimum of $100, whichever is greater, based on the total Rental Rate. If you must cancel your reservation 45 days or more prior to your arrival date, your rental deposit will be refunded less a 25 percent fee, based on the total Rental Rate. If cancellation is made within 45 days of arrival, or if you vacate the property earlier than your scheduled departure date, all monies (excluding damage deposit) will be forfeited. All cancellation requests MUST be in writing, telephone cancellations will not be accepted. Reservations will be automatically canceled when payment is 5 business days late. If cancellation is the result of late payment, there will be no refund. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance, more information can be found here.
Why should I rent a vacation home instead of a hotel or motel room?
There are many benefits to renting a vacation home, too many to list, but here are a few:
- Your vacation home will provide enough space for the whole family, including the furry ones.
- With so many excellent restaurants, you don't have to cook, but who doesn't enjoy a BBQ on the beach?
- Per person, many vacation homes are less expensive than hotels/motels.